Monday, July 4, 2011

I 'wanna-be' a writer

     Which is funny since I don't read. I can, but not well. Think I've read 10 books my whole life. I was able to earn 3 college degrees, but even then I didn't read a text book from cover to cover, just a chapter or two, and paragraphs here and there. Though somehow I can write. I write volumes, much of which never gets read.
      I didn't discover I could write until 1985, when I got my first Macintosh. I was 26.  My boss had one and said I could write reports and notes from home. Yes!  It was then I started writing reports, assessments, and programs. I learned from a few good professors and supervisors some writing tools. As those skills developed and my typing improved, I started writing some stories and poems. 
     And then blogging was born. When blogging was hitting the mainstream I though how silly. Everyone has some opinion, we all know that, and why would you send your thoughts out there where there's a zillion blogs and no one is going to find yours? OK, so I was wrong. It's inspiring to think someone might stumble upon my musings and perhaps want to read more. As an aspiring writer I need to practice, right?
     Now, at 55 with my life experience, education, observations, study of human nature, and listening to the thousands of children and adults tell their stories in my work as a therapist - I have something to say ....

No comments:

Post a Comment