Saturday, December 31, 2011

Musing on the Old & New Year

Hi everyone. Here are my thoughts on the old and new year.
How are you going to be different in 2012? What are you going to change?

I just love the new year, plans for doing things different, new ideas, new projects, new hope. Of course, that doesn't always carry though the year and all those plans can fade as days go by.  For me, and I suspect for lots of people, as years go 2011 wasn't that great. It definitely had more stress than I care to manage. (Ultimately, I know how fortunate I am as some of my friends had significant loses, and all the people losing homes and jobs. Mostly my stressors are things I brought upon myself.)

Personally, I don't make resolutions - cognitively they're very bad.
I make no promises, no resolutions, but my mind will always be working and my efforts to work hard, be genuine, and grow, will be ever present.

In review of this last year it appears the hard work I've done in my business and my life is gaining momentum and effecting change. Bits and pieces of change happened over the last couple years, with more self aware and accountable, less critical, people coming into my life, which is very nice and encouraging. Looking back it seems things have been getting 'set up' for what's to come. That's a little exciting ('cause I gotta say I was really bored in 2011).

This Christmas a couple Santas came my way with gifts of possibilities.
Please don't get me wrong here, but keeping things working is not that hard. Most of the time you just ride the procedures in place (in one's life and business), and stick with comfortable policies or patterns. (i.e., undefined, and defined, attitudes, beliefs, tendencies.)  The trick is to keep things flourishing not floundering, and it is taking those possibilities and using them for change that is the real challenge.

And while I don't make promises, it seems to me that 2012 is promising to be a productive and successful year!
(my definition of success: how much love and laughter one has in life - ok, and this year it could include growing a couple businesses).

Ponder the past, plan for the future, enjoy the moment.

Here is a little ditty for your new year ...

20'11 has passed, what can I say,
Life moved on, days ticked away.
I settled down in the same old grind,
But this year, this year, I’m making mine!
Changing my patterns, my voice calling out,
I’ve things to say, I’m gonna shout.
So, in 20'12 everyone take each day,
And make sure there’s more time to PLAY!

Wising you a productive, healthy, happy, and fun year.
Happy New Year
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment